Selling a property
Conveyancing House Lawyers keep it simple. Here is our check list to selling a property.
Prior to contract execution/signing (prior to “exchange”)
We will :
- Review or prepare your Contract on your behalf prior to execution
- Draft or proof any documents required
- Be available to provide any advice or guidance required in relation to the contract
- Assist your Real Estate Agent in finalising the contract
After contract execution and the documents are exchanged
We will :
- Keep you informed of critical event updates when appropriate
- Be available to answer any questions you may have during this time
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the sale that you need to be aware of. You will receive a communication of every step along the way.
- Carry out a title search for the property
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the sale you need to be aware of, including items you need to confirm, complete with dates
- Confirm all items included in the sale of the property
- Arrange settlement details with the buyers Conveyancer/Solicitor
- Advise you of settlement time and location details of settlement once confirmed
You will be required to:
- Read the correspondence that we prepare for you. It is specifically tailored to your contract and will help you understand the process.
- Complete the necessary instructions and other relevant paperwork we send to you and return to our office at your earliest convenience.
- Deliver all keys/remotes etc to the agent – or discuss with conveyancer/solicitor where they will be made available.
We will :
- Discuss settlement figures with you
- A Settlement Agent will arrange and attend the settlement meeting on your behalf
- Personally advise you when settlement has occurred
- Officially confirm settlement in writing together with all relevant paperwork.
- Transfer sale proceeds to your nominated account.
You will already have:
- Arranged removals, disconnection and reconnection of utilities and change your address where appropriate